5/31/2006

lol first post

I've used Livejournal as my primary means of blogging since 2001. It was always basically a personal blog not meant for public consumption; most of my posts were made in order to disseminate information/communicate with my friends quickly in a forum setting instead of individual AIM conversations, and I didn't have much interest in dealing with the assorted crap that comes with writing a public blog. Because I was writing for friends I never really wrote seriously, instead writing in a more jocular style. It's not like the content I posted would have been interesting to anyone other than people who know me personally anyway, and even then only marginally, as my first livejournal entry can attest.


Tuesday, October 23rd, 2001
4:57p - Well, Finally Got One, whoopedeedoodaday... Protected
Well, finally got one of thsese. Now I can be all emo and whatnot, yay.

Well, today was OK. Physics test first, easy, didnt get molested (IYKWIM.) Put up our "Do Hugs, Not Drugs" Monkey poster during psych. Checked back on it at lunch, apparently the admin didnt like it, and it wasnt there. That was weird, since we had the teachers approval. Other weird Psych thing was Cazzazza asking me about how I asked Jana to Prom, guess that came up first period. You know, the whole monkey thing. Third was blah, our class is a bunch of fucking illiterates. Stats was OK, made fun of Jesse, talked to Sam and Melanie a bit, pretty boring overall. Lunch was copacetic, as was band. Got a 27/30 on Econ quiz, yay me.

Well, me and Nick had to pull out of the tourney on Saturday since we're totally not ready. We'd look like idiots, especially with Scott there (one of the top players in Sac, probly in the nation, cool guy.) We'll go and watch though, maybe head to CCL after to get some 5th Mix in. DDR rules bitches.

New Buffy tonight, sweetness. I love the new villains, since theyre essentially just me and my friends. i loved the flashback scene to how they formed. 3 guys playing a tabletop RPG:
"So, wanna take over this town or something?"
"Yeah, sure."
Then of course their list of goals ruled.

Meh, maybe I'll post more later, you can bet I'll do this a bunch, you all know I love to talk about myself.


current mood: cynical
current music: "Field of Dreams" by Force and Styles


As you can see, it's crap. Luckily, things have changed. For instance, i'm no longer a retarded 17 year old in high school. While I don't write the kind of entries that you'd see on top blogs like Pandagon or Eschaton, i've steadily introduced relevant posts about music, politics, design, etc. Given that i'm graduating with an Economics BA in a few weeks and shifting to "real life" or something, i've decided to start a new public blog devoted to non-personal topics, written a little closer to the level i'm capable of. Maybe it will get popular (it won't), but i'm going to work on it and maybe something will happen. I'm still going to maintain ye olde LJ, but it's going to be exclusively personal stuff. I want people to read this, and I hope they do.

7 Comments:

Blogger torman said...

Nothing says "I'm moving up" in the blog world like white on black oh wai-

5/31/2006 2:55 PM  
Blogger mingster said...

white on black is the new green on black

5/31/2006 2:56 PM  
Blogger Jesse said...

you suck by the way

5/31/2006 6:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you had to mention graduation didn't you. it game me a mini-heart attack.

you haven't changed much since high school, what with all that monkey talk, except i guess you're a little cooler.

m.

5/31/2006 10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

8/06/2006 9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

8/11/2006 5:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

8/16/2006 12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home