5/31/2006

fling on an ADIDAS hoodie and just boogie woogie with me

All-over print hoodies have been gaining steam for awhile, first gaining popularity with the BAPE/Billionaire Boys Club crowd, and now moving more into mainstream circles, finally pushing out that graffiti/OMG DESIGN look that stopped being cool in 2003. One of the first ones I saw in real life was this awesome green and white striped hoody that Common wore at Coachella.

The problem is that most are either hideously garish or ridiculously overpriced (or both usually). I'm not willing to pay $600 for this BAPE hoody even if it does make me look like Pharrell, which it doesn't because it's hideous shit.

This one is pretty great, but it's not all-over print so it's kind of irrelevant to the post, but i'm going to post it anyway since sharks are totally badass.

I really like the idea of all-over print, but actually finding one that doesn't make me look like a white guy with too much money desperately clinging to hip-hop culture has proven difficult. My favorite is this Nom De Guerre arabic print hoody (supposedly it says "war"), but it's $300.

I've had better luck searching European streetwear sites like www.caliroots.se (the site I bought my tight black Cheap Mondays from) since the look has been growing there for months, whereas it's still yet to really hit America outside of the cirles I mentioned. Two that I really liked were
and
So I went to H&M yesterday and lo and behold I found this for $30.

It's cheap, not tacky, comfortable, and makes me look like Common. I don't know what more I could ask for. I suppose this all begs the question of why I would want to look like this, but that's a post for another time.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

8/06/2006 9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

8/11/2006 5:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

8/16/2006 1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home